A detective can be a valuable asset in solving court cases or personal problems (such as a cheating spouse). In Broward, Coral Springs FL, Fort Lauderdale FL, Hollywood FL, Miami, Pembroke Pines FL, Plantation FL, Pompano Beach FL, Sunrise FL, Weston FL, a detective will usually have a background as a police officer, but this is not always the case.
However, many investigators or detectives have a specialty, a field of investigations that they are experts in. Here are the main specialty fields of a detective:
- Personal injury – someone can get hurt at the workplace or on someone’s property; therefore, the job of a detective is to investigate the scene where the accident took place.
- Motor accident investigations – in cases as such it is a police officer’s job to document their findings from the accident in a report in a timely manner; the detective can create an accident report that can be used in negotiations with the insurance agency or claims adjusters
- Computer forensics – the new branch of forensics, this is a rising science that analyzes computer files in order to get legal court evidence
- Cheating spouse – probably one of the most popular detective services, this area of private investigations includes surveillance and data collection that can demonstrate adultery
- Surveillance – a “backstage” investigation service, surveillance is performed with GPS trackers and satellite images by using high efficiency portable covert vehicle trackers.
- Insurance claim investigations – for these services, a detective is usually hired by a company; due to increasing costs and claims for worker’s compensation, there has also been an increase in the number of fraud cases related to worker’s insurance. It is believed that worker’s compensation is responsible for ¼ of all insurance fraud.
To these we can also add fraud investigations (which are becoming more and more popular, due to an increasing number of fraud-related crimes such as identity theft), child custody investigations, or alimony reduction investigations.